Tree pruning does more than make your trees look more pleasing to the eye, it also helps them reach their full potential and live a healthier and longer life than they would without regular pruning maintenance.
However, it is also easy to do the procedure wrong. That is to say, trees that are thinned, reduced, and shaped haphazardly can increase their risk for disease; not to mention, leave them looking poorly.
Thus, as a provider of tree removal and landscaping in Tulsa, Oklahoma at AJ Tree Service, we are listing down some essential do’s and don’ts of tree pruning you must follow. These include but are not limited to the following:
- Do hire a professional tree removal service to minimize errors and to ensure cost-efficiency.
- Don’t over prune, ‘lollipop’ a young tree, or prune without good reason.
- Do make sure that your preferred tree service in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma follows the American National Standards Institute standard for tree pruning to secure the quality of the service.
- Don’t prune newly planted trees for at least the first year unless you’re removing dead branches and limbs.
- Do use the right pruning tools. Using the wrong tools can cause damage to the branch collar of the tree, which may cause it to lose the ability to close the wound and receive food.
We hope these tips helped. For more like these, be sure to check back next time. You may also get in touch with us today for more information.